New compelling 'Hannibal' thriller series
NBC premieres refreshing drama with all-star cast, chilling imagery
Mads Mikkelsen as the title role in Hannibal, airs at 10 p.m. on Thursdays on NBC. Photo courtesy NBC
Network television is home to your generic shows, consisting of laugh-track sitcoms and good-guy winning dramas.
However, NBC attempts to spice up the crime genre with their new show, "Hannibal." The show, which airs at 10 p.m. on Thursdays, is 60 minutes of gory, chilling and mind-blowing television.
The drama is the brainchild of Robert Greenblatt, chairman of NBC, who created such violent and vicious shows like "Dexter" and "Homeland" when he was an executive at Showtime.
Hugh Dancy ("King Arthur," "Basic Instinct 2") plays Special Agent Will Graham, a professor at the FBI Academy who has a special knack for solving homicide. He is recruited and supervised by Agent Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne) to help solve some of the most brutal and disturbing crimes. Graham recreates the scene of the crime in his mind and recalls the step-by-step procedure of how the murder took place.
Besides Dancy, "Hannibal" boasts a well versed cast. Fishburne, who has starred in the popular CBS drama "CSI" and movies "Armored" and "The Matrix," is excellent in his supporting role in trying to figure out Graham. Mads Mikkelsen, who had roles in movies "Casino Royale," "Clash of the Titans" and "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman," is phenomenal as the compelling Dr. Hannibal Lecter, who paradoxically plays Graham's psychologist and crime problem solver. His character is impactful because he leaves the audience with certain images and symbolism in their mind that makes them think about what his true motivations are.
"Hannibal" is refreshing because other competing network dramas like "Criminal Minds," "Body of Proof" and "Bones" lack any serious storyline that would cause critical thought for the viewer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Cauldron Newspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
RECENT THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge