New compelling 'Hannibal' thriller series
NBC premieres refreshing drama with all-star cast, chilling imagery
Mads Mikkelsen as the title role in Hannibal, airs at 10 p.m. on Thursdays on NBC. Photo courtesy NBC
Network television is home to your generic shows, consisting of laugh-track sitcoms and good-guy winning dramas.
However, NBC attempts to spice up the crime genre with their new show, "Hannibal." The show, which airs at 10 p.m. on Thursdays, is 60 minutes of gory, chilling and mind-blowing television.
The drama is the brainchild of Robert Greenblatt, chairman of NBC, who created such violent and vicious shows like "Dexter" and "Homeland" when he was an executive at Showtime.
Hugh Dancy ("King Arthur," "Basic Instinct 2") plays Special Agent Will Graham, a professor at the FBI Academy who has a special knack for solving homicide. He is recruited and supervised by Agent Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne) to help solve some of the most brutal and disturbing crimes. Graham recreates the scene of the crime in his mind and recalls the step-by-step procedure of how the murder took place.
Besides Dancy, "Hannibal" boasts a well versed cast. Fishburne, who has starred in the popular CBS drama "CSI" and movies "Armored" and "The Matrix," is excellent in his supporting role in trying to figure out Graham. Mads Mikkelsen, who had roles in movies "Casino Royale," "Clash of the Titans" and "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman," is phenomenal as the compelling Dr. Hannibal Lecter, who paradoxically plays Graham's psychologist and crime problem solver. His character is impactful because he leaves the audience with certain images and symbolism in their mind that makes them think about what his true motivations are.
"Hannibal" is refreshing because other competing network dramas like "Criminal Minds," "Body of Proof" and "Bones" lack any serious storyline that would cause critical thought for the viewer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Cauldron Newspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
RECENT THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections