New compelling 'Hannibal' thriller series
NBC premieres refreshing drama with all-star cast, chilling imagery
Mads Mikkelsen as the title role in Hannibal, airs at 10 p.m. on Thursdays on NBC. Photo courtesy NBC
Network television is home to your generic shows, consisting of laugh-track sitcoms and good-guy winning dramas.
However, NBC attempts to spice up the crime genre with their new show, "Hannibal." The show, which airs at 10 p.m. on Thursdays, is 60 minutes of gory, chilling and mind-blowing television.
The drama is the brainchild of Robert Greenblatt, chairman of NBC, who created such violent and vicious shows like "Dexter" and "Homeland" when he was an executive at Showtime.
Hugh Dancy ("King Arthur," "Basic Instinct 2") plays Special Agent Will Graham, a professor at the FBI Academy who has a special knack for solving homicide. He is recruited and supervised by Agent Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne) to help solve some of the most brutal and disturbing crimes. Graham recreates the scene of the crime in his mind and recalls the step-by-step procedure of how the murder took place.
Besides Dancy, "Hannibal" boasts a well versed cast. Fishburne, who has starred in the popular CBS drama "CSI" and movies "Armored" and "The Matrix," is excellent in his supporting role in trying to figure out Graham. Mads Mikkelsen, who had roles in movies "Casino Royale," "Clash of the Titans" and "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman," is phenomenal as the compelling Dr. Hannibal Lecter, who paradoxically plays Graham's psychologist and crime problem solver. His character is impactful because he leaves the audience with certain images and symbolism in their mind that makes them think about what his true motivations are.
"Hannibal" is refreshing because other competing network dramas like "Criminal Minds," "Body of Proof" and "Bones" lack any serious storyline that would cause critical thought for the viewer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Cauldron Newspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
RECENT THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!