New student org to lift Viking spirit
Viking Spirit Crew looking for new members to support CSU
There is a new student organization on campus. The Viking Spirit Crew joins the ranks of CSU's student orgs this week.
The Spirit Crew is headed up by The Cauldron's own Anthony Joki.
According to the OrgSync page, the purpose of the Spirit Crew is, "to support CSU sports teams, increase student involvement, awareness, and attendance at CSU sporting events, while generating an overall attitude of team and school spirit."
Joki said he started the organization because he felt that the university had not been doing much to promote the sports teams, school spirit, or to get people excited about being a Viking in general.
"They told everyone about the sports teams, but they never really seemed to make the average student want to come see them," Joki said. "They didn't seem to be doing much to promote school spirit either. So I decided I wanted to get involved."
As of now, the organization is just getting off the ground. For the moment, the goal is to increase membership.
However, Joki and the rest of the Spirit Crew are working on their long-term goal of helping promote school spirit.
"You'll see us at the sporting events," Joki said. "We also plan to be doing things around the Student Center as well to help promote school spirit."
To inquire about joining the Viking Spirit Crew, you can contact Anthony Joki at email@example.com or on Twitter @CSUVikingNation
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Cauldron Newspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
RECENT THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?