Hart leads all-star cast in 'Husbands'
Hilarious struggles of single man in Hollywood provides fake reality premise
Set in Hollywood, Kevin Hart (center) leads the celebrity-filled cast of the fake reality show. Photo courtesy BET
If you want to start 2013 with a laugh, then tune into "The Real Husbands of Hollywood" Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 10 p.m. on BET.
The show, which began as a sequence of skits at the 2011 BET Awards by then-host Kevin Hart, became so popular to which BET decided to produce a series derived from the skits.
Hart, who stars in and executive produces the series, is known for successful movies like "Think Like A Man" and "Laugh At My Pain." His popular stand-up tour "Let Me Explain" takes his comedic talents to television by spoofing the popular "The Real Housewives" reality series with his show business friends Boris Kodjoe, Duane Martin, Nelly, JB Smoove, Nick Cannon and Robin Thicke.
Hart's many hilarious struggles as a single man in Tinseltown leave audiences chocked up in laughter. From having his stand-up comedy show being overtaken by an impromptu vocal performance by Thicke to getting beat up by Cannon's 9-year-old nephew, Hart's outrageous and comical personality lay the foundation of this "fake reality show."
The most underestimated asset of this show is the diversity of celebrity cameo appearances. These guests range from iconic sitcom star Ed O'Neill, R&B crooner Melanie Fiona, comedian Jay Leno and boxer Sugar Shane Mosely, to name a few. Similar to the format of the popular comedy-drama HBO show "Entourage," "Real Husbands" gives viewers a rare opportunity they usually do not get from their typical sitcom - celebrities being themselves.
"The Real Husbands of Hollywood" is a must watch for the viewer looking to start the New Year right with an unconventional, yet humorous show about the life of a celebrity.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Cauldron Newspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
RECENT THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership