Deep Black: Reloaded
Third-person shooter flooded with nothing but blandness, bad AI
For a game with such a large emphasis on water, it's shocking that the developers put no visible effort into implementing water physics. Image courtesy of Biart Company
When creating the PC game "Deep Black: Reloaded," independent developer Biart Company rolled out a nice dough with ingredients from other space marine games and then used bland, uninspired cookie cutters.
The game puts players in the shoes of a Syrus Pierce, a mercenary who has been brought out of retirement to rescue some scientist hostages.
Pierce bears a striking resemblance to several other third-person shooter characters, with his gear appearing to be based on a combination of "Mass Effect" and "Dead Space."
Sadly, while borrowing elements of other fantastic games, "Deep Black" falls short of its mark.
"Deep Black" tries to emphasize underwater combat as a major play element. However, being underwater doesn't feel any different from fighting on land, aside from being able to move up and down in the water.
The water has no noticeable effect on movement speed, and the game has poor physics in general.
Another issue with "Deep Black" is the terrible AI. They are obviously set to follow a pattern of attacks. Once that pattern is discovered, the game becomes laughably easy.
There is a multiplayer mode in the game, but at the time of this review, no matches could be found. It's doubtful it would be enough to save this sinking ship, however.
Even in a gaming drought, "Deep Black" is hard to recommend, and with "Mass Effect 3" released, it's impossible to recommend.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Cauldron Newspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER NEWS
RECENT THE CAULDRON NEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge